In business it is common that companies merge, create DBA’s or an alias. dynaMACS has a unique feature that allows you to refer to the correct customer. The instructions below will walk you through how to accomplish this.
Add the New Customer
Add the new customer (DBA or Alias) which will be related in dynaMACS. In this example we added customer Babson Tooling (customer code BABT00).
- Edit the original customer in dynaMACS to reflect the new customer as a reference customer in the Related To field. In this example the customer B & B Tooling (BBTO00) is the original customer. Babson Tooling (customer code BABT00) is the Related To customer.
- Change the Status for B & B Tooling to Reference Only.
- Select the Save/Exit button.
Making Sales Entries Using Related to Customers
- In Sales Entry, enter the old customer code for B & B Tooling (BBTO00).
- You will get a message as seen below displaying the Reference Customer code. Select the OK button.
- After selecting the OK button you will see that the Customer Code changes to the newly created Reference Customer code for Babson Tooling (BABT00).
When entering Sales and Commissions directly from a manufacturer’s spreadsheet or invoice, it may be quicker to enter in Sales Entry using the Manufacturer Customer Code. The following tip explains how to customize a sales entry session to accomplish this.
- From the Sales Entry screen select the Customize button.
- Select the Manufacturer radio button and enter the Manufacturer Code. In this example we will use the manufacturer code APC for Apcal Alloy Company. You can click on the Binoculars button to search for the Manufacturer Code if you don’t have it.
- Select By Mfr Cust Code from the drop down in the Customer field.
- Click on the Save button and then select the Exit button.
- You will be returned to the Sales Entry screen.
- Select the Add button to begin adding your sales and commission information.
- Below is a sample of a manufacturer spreadsheet from the manufacturer Apcal Alloy Company which shows the manufacturer customer codes along with the sales and commission information.
- Enter the Manufacturer code in the Sales Entry screen and select <Enter>. (In this example it’s APC for Apcal Alloy Company)
- You will notice that the cursor then jumps directly to the Mfg Cust Code 1 field where you can enter the manufacturer customer code from the spreadsheet or invoice. You can also click on the Binoculars button to search for the Manufacturer Customer Code if you don’t have it. From here you can continue on with your sales entry as normal.
“With dynaMACS cloud, our data is secure, always backed-up and easily accessed from anywhere.”
Jon Edwards, Controller
Maschmedt & Associates
Maschmedt & Associates had been using an Access database for tracking agency sales and commissions. Updating the system required outside resources, using it was time-consuming and it was too old to keep pace with the busy agency’s needs.
Maschmedt needed modern and sophisticated software. Controller Jon Edwards had a list of features that he was looking for: Software designed especially for sales agencies. A way to quickly enter invoices and reconcile manufacturer commission statements. The ability to distribute up-to-date and comprehensive reports to sales reps. A cloud-based system for security and backup. And the software must update automatically.
When researching solutions, Edwards learned about dynaMACS’ capabilities and scheduled a demo to see the sales agency software in action. dynaMACS checked all the boxes on his list – and had even more functionality and the potential to greatly improve efficiency.
It’s been a smooth journey from the start, when three years’ worth of data was converted and migrated from Access. Since implementation, there’s been a significant impact on operations:
*Sales and commission data is cloud-based, so it’s secure, backed-up and accessible from anywhere
*Software automatically updates
*dynaMACS’ eSi eliminates 98% of manual data entry
*Sales reps have up-to-date sales data for their territory (Previously numbers were two to three months old)
*Information can be sliced and diced in numerous ways
*Maschmedt & Associates can drill down for detailed information on manufacturers, customers and reps
With powerful ways to analyze sales, pay reps and track commissions, Maschmedt has a 360° view of performance.
“When traveling, I use dynaMACS daily to look up customer sales, territory sales and more. It’s extremely convenient.”
Thomas M. Kitchin, President
Kitchin & Sons
When Kitchin & Sons experienced significant growth due to an acquisition, President Tom Kitchin quickly realized his agency needed better information to manage the growing business, as well as a way to integrate the two agencies’ disparate databases
Kitchin decided it was time to upgrade to dynaMACS, who quickly integrated the two databases.
The agency see sales and commission data in a multitude of ways: sorted by customer, manufacturer or salesperson, and drilling down to more detailed information with one click. With dynaMACS on his laptop, Kitchin has 24/7 access to up-to-date information. “When traveling, I use dynaMACS’ Sales IQ daily to look up customer sales, territory sales and more,” says Kitchin. “It is extremely convenient and keeps me in touch with what’s going on.”
Back at the office, the staff is equally thrilled with dynaMACS. Administrator Joyce Drumm says, “dynaMACS saves time in so many ways. With the SmartView feature, I type in a few letters of a customer name and instantly see all customers who buy from a manufacturer.” Her favorite upgrade: Faster commission reconciliation reports. “It used to take 3 ½ hours to calculate before the report printed. Now, within a minute of hitting print, I have a report – a tremendous time-saver.” From a data entry perspective, Drumm says, “The entry screens are simple, well laid-out, and in a logical sequence.”
As for technical support, Drumm says dynaMACS is helpful, knowledgeable and timely: “It’s nice dealing with a company where you talk to people instead of recordings and touch-tone response systems.”