In business it is common that companies merge, create DBA’s or an alias. dynaMACS has a unique feature that allows you to refer to the correct customer. The instructions below will walk you through how to accomplish this.
Add the New Customer
Add the new customer (DBA or Alias) which will be related in dynaMACS. In this example we added customer Babson Tooling (customer code BABT00).
- Edit the original customer in dynaMACS to reflect the new customer as a reference customer in the Related To field. In this example the customer B & B Tooling (BBTO00) is the original customer. Babson Tooling (customer code BABT00) is the Related To customer.
- Change the Status for B & B Tooling to Reference Only.
- Select the Save/Exit button.
Making Sales Entries Using Related to Customers
- In Sales Entry, enter the old customer code for B & B Tooling (BBTO00).
- You will get a message as seen below displaying the Reference Customer code. Select the OK button.
- After selecting the OK button you will see that the Customer Code changes to the newly created Reference Customer code for Babson Tooling (BABT00).
“The accessibility to data we have with dynaMACS is tremendous. It’s extremely user friendly for everyone at the agency.”
Patrick Carroll, Information Systems
David Gooding Inc.
David Gooding Inc.’s old software pulled information from a Microsoft database and applied data tables to it, based on computer code the user had to enter. If that sounds complicated, it was. The tedious process was built for programmers. Attempting to run a sales report practically required the user to have a degree in Computer Science. The sales agency was in dire need of a more user friendly software.
Then David Gooding was introduced to dynaMACS. Patrick Carroll, Gooding’s Information Systems Manager, knew right away that dynaMACS had the ease-of-use the agency was looking for. “The accessibility to data that we have with dynaMACS is tremendous. It is extremely user friendly for everyone.”
“With one mouse click, you can drill down to more information from any screen,” he says. “The ability to get any information you need, instantly and easily, is a big benefit to everyone at the agency.”
Various people at the agency access dynaMACS in different ways. The owner has remote access, and the lead salesperson has dynaMACS Mobile on his laptop. Both have access to up-to-date information on manufacturers, customers and sales reps from anywhere they are – at home, on the road or at the office.
One of Carroll’s favorite features is the ability to email reports directly from dynaMACS Sales IQ. The agency can email reports instantly to manufacturers, customers and salespeople. Selecting the email button creates the email with the report attached in PDF format. dynaMACS pulls up the appropriate customer, manufacturer or sales rep which the report will be sent to – and the user never has to open Outlook – the process is automatic.
“With dynaMACS, we’re well informed about our business,” Carroll says. “During the month, we can quickly see where all manufacturers stand, what groups of product categories are being sold and much more. It’s an invaluable sales tool.”
When entering Sales and Commissions directly from a manufacturer’s spreadsheet or invoice, it may be quicker to enter in Sales Entry using the Manufacturer Customer Code. The following tip explains how to customize a sales entry session to accomplish this.
- From the Sales Entry screen select the Customize button.
- Select the Manufacturer radio button and enter the Manufacturer Code. In this example we will use the manufacturer code APC for Apcal Alloy Company. You can click on the Binoculars button to search for the Manufacturer Code if you don’t have it.
- Select By Mfr Cust Code from the drop down in the Customer field.
- Click on the Save button and then select the Exit button.
- You will be returned to the Sales Entry screen.
- Select the Add button to begin adding your sales and commission information.
- Below is a sample of a manufacturer spreadsheet from the manufacturer Apcal Alloy Company which shows the manufacturer customer codes along with the sales and commission information.
- Enter the Manufacturer code in the Sales Entry screen and select <Enter>. (In this example it’s APC for Apcal Alloy Company)
- You will notice that the cursor then jumps directly to the Mfg Cust Code 1 field where you can enter the manufacturer customer code from the spreadsheet or invoice. You can also click on the Binoculars button to search for the Manufacturer Customer Code if you don’t have it. From here you can continue on with your sales entry as normal.